Undercover Recruiter (UR) reports on the hiring trends shaping our nation. Automation is one of the biggest trends that will impact jobs in the future. According to UR, 16% of HR jobs in the next decade will be replaced by AI automation tools.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a series of computer algorithms that allow these machines to make better decisions and have interactions with people in completely innovative ways. Within AI lies the promise of thinking machines and software that can streamline many basic tasks, allowing the computer to perform them faster and with fewer errors than humans. This will change the jobs of the future in ways, impacting every business sector. Of course, the field of recruiting is feeling the effects of AI. This article will help you understand how these tools will change the process of candidate sourcing and hiring in the future.
How is AI Impacting Recruiting Today?
AI isn’t scary, and it (probably) won’t take your recruiting job. However, it’s already impacting how recruiters use software during the hiring process. AI can help alleviate some of the most mundane parts of the recruiting effort. In the next few years, watch for AI to change how you:
- Research candidates. AI software can fill in the gaps in a candidate’s character by researching their social media posts. Currently, many HR teams do this work manually, but an AI could do the research and generate an easy summary report to provide background on a candidate.
- Interview candidates. We’re already seeing new AI-enabled chatbots that answer applicant’s questions when they hit a website. There are even new chatbots that can pre-screen candidates before sending them on to a live recruiter. The benefit is that the automation could disqualify candidates that don’t have the right credentials, saving the recruiter’s valuable time. In the future, look for video interviews to be conducted by an AI, potentially to include biometric data that could help determine if the candidate is answering the questions honestly.
- Applicant tracking systems (ATS) have begun using AI for reporting and automating basic functions such as sending candidates’ acknowledgments when their application is received. Predictive analytics can review which job boards are yielding the highest volume of top candidates, freeing you up to focusing in on that resource for a higher probability of top candidates.
- Today, keyword and analytical searches can help sort through and prioritize the hundreds of resumes recruiters receive. In the future, AIs will likely handle a big part of the resume sort process. An AI could sort and prioritize resumes by job descriptions, pulling the best matches so the recruiter could avoid this time-consuming portion of the sourcing process.
- AI platforms of the future will be able to determine the perfect candidate profile. AIs can collect data from hundreds of sources and thousands of candidates to identify the perfect match. These tools are even smart enough to automate the process of trolling for interested candidates that fit your profile. The recruiters can focus on the interviews and then closing the deal faster and more efficiently.
Partner With FoxHire
All of these benefits ultimately are very good news for employers seeking to work smarter in their hiring efforts. FoxHire helps employers work smarter every day by handling HR administrative tasks. As an employer of record (EOR) we help you streamline your employment processes. Talk with our team today.